lincoln financial services logo

Telephone: 01522 839 525

Freephone: 0800 587 4523

facebook logo a couple talking to an expert

What type of insurance do you need?

Acquiring health insurance provides us with peace of mind in the event of the unexpected happening. Health insurance can give you instant access to the specialists you need, whether it is for diagnosis or treatment, and helps reduce NHS waiting lists for medical care.

Health insurance

You’ll normally need two separate policies to insure your home, one for the building and another for its contents. Both policies should provide cover for damage due to fire, lightning, explosions or earthquakes, theft or attempted theft, riots or vandalism, storms or flooding, subsidence, falling trees and moving objects (such as a car hitting your home). You’ll also be covered for the escape of water from tanks, pipes, washing machines or dishwashers and leaking oil from heating systems.

Household insurance

For help and advice with insurance policies, give Lincoln Financial Services a call today on:

0800 587 4523

Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home as well as permanent fixtures and fittings (such as baths, toilets, fitted kitchens). The amount of cover you need is the rebuilding cost of your home. This includes the cost of demolition (which may be needed after fire, for instance), clearing the site, and architects’ and other professional fees.

Buildings insurance

Contents insurance covers the items inside your home, such as carpets, clothing, furniture, kitchenware and a limited amount of valuables. Insurers usually apply limits for high-value single items, so specify the value of expensive possessions before you take out the cover. Contents insurance will usually cover you for the replacement of keys if lost or stolen, and damage to locks. You’ll also be covered for the theft of cash from your home, up to a set limit.


Policies can also include accidental damage cover, but you may have to pay extra. This extends cover to include accidental breakages and damage to items such as hi-fis, TVs, computers and video recorders.

Contents insurance